WHAT IS VAPING?
If you smoke cigarettes, you're a smoker. If you use an electronic cigarette, you're a Vaper. Vaping is the process of using an electronic cigarette or "personal vaporizer" to vaporize a solution to create vapor that can be inhaled.
A typical electronic cigarette consists of a battery, an atomizer (coil), and a e-liquid. The e-liquid consists of Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerine, Food Flavoring, and optionally Nicotine.
This combination creates a rich vapor, which looks like smoke, but contains many fewer contaminants and toxic chemicals as traditional burning tobacco.
By replacing your cigarette habit with vaping you significantly reduce your exposure to many potentially harmful chemicals and won't stink like an ashtray!
WHAT'S THE HISTORY OF VAPING?
The modern electronic cigarette was invented in China in 2003 by Hon Lik, a Chinese pharmacist. He was working to develop an alternative to traditional tobacco cigarettes that simulated the experience of smoking, including nicotine consumption, without the long and short term effects of smoking. Over the last 11 years, the technology behind electronic cigarettes has advanced significantly. Electronic cigarettes come in all shapes and sizes, to meet any need. For more information about the history of Vaping, CLICK HERE
WHAT'S IN E-LIQUID?
Typical E-Liquid (also called "Juice" or "Refills") contains very few ingredients.
- Propylene Glycol (PG) and Vegetable Glycerine (VG)
- These compounds create vapor when they are heated by the electronic heating coil in the electronic cigarette.
- Propylene Glycol is used in asthma inhalers, as a anti-virulent in the air at hospitals, and in several other medical devices. It is also the primary ingredient in fog machine liquid.
- Vegetable Glycerine is similar to Propylene Glycol, but provides a richer denser vapor.
- It is common in many consumer products including toothpaste and cake icing.
- E-Liquids can contain varying amounts of PG and VG to control the vapor production and other aspects of the vapor.
- Food Safe Flavorings
- Unlike tobacco cigarettes, e-liquid doesn't have a "default" flavor. If you are vaping a tobacco e-liquid, you are vaping a liquid flavored with tobacco.
- Different combinations of flavors can be used to create almost any flavor of e-liquid, from Apple to Pizza, you can find the perfect flavor to fit your taste or mood.
- Nicotine (Optional)
- Pharmaceutical nicotine is used, similar to what is used in the nicotine patch and gum.
- You can get varied levels of nicotine, from 0mg (No Nicotine) to 36mg. This allows you to control your nicotine intake and find an amount of nicotine that satisfies your needs.
- People commonly will ween themselves off of nicotine, stepping down the nicotine content in their juice. This allows them to slowly become nicotine-free.
- Nicotine is optional. If you don't want to vape e-liquid with nicotine, you don't have to.
IS VAPING SAFE?
s a vendor, we cannot legally make any health claims about our products. We promise we are selling the highest quality hardware and e-liquid available in the industry. We purchase all of our e-liquid from American manufacturers creating their product in certified cleanrooms and labs. Our vendors regularly quality test their products to ensure only the best liquid makes it onto the shelves. We only sell what we vape.
If you want more information on the safety of electronic cigarettes, please visit our friends at the Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association (CASAA). CASAA is a non-profit group of consumers and researchers dedicated to presenting accurate science about electronic cigarettes and other smoke free alternatives. You can find their extensive database of clinical research, lab reports, and surveys CLICK HERE
WHERE CAN I FIND MORE INFORMATION?
There is a multitude of quality information about electronic cigarettes available online. Our store has relationships with all of these organizations. Please do the research and decide for yourself. If you have any questions, feel free to STOP BY THE STORE or send us an e-mail!
The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association is a non-profit organization formed in 2009 to advocate for smoke-free alternatives to traditional cigarettes. CASAA has an extensive database of research on electronic cigarettes. They regularly work to advocate for smoke-free alternatives and alert consumers of legal attacks against electronic cigarettes by overbearing governments.
Guide to Vaping is an excellent blog about the vaping community. With news, reviews, and excellent "getting started" guides it's a great place to start learning about electronic cigarettes.